My Passport 0740 - Western Digital

I had a situation. Plugged in my WD Passport 0704 and nothing came up or showed up as a removable device in "My Computer". Also nothing showed up in Disk Management as well. But it was allowing me to safely eject the drive.

I searched the net and found most of them mention the "disk management" solution".

If none of the above works..... This worked for me:
suggestion - unplug the drive before trying this... and uninstall all the light-grey devices that will display. I also remove light-grey devices under "WD Drive Management Devices"

------------------------------------------------------
jack4rall - Apr 25, 2012 02:27PM
Hello, 
Try this 1 
Click on Start --> In search box, type cmd. When it show "Command Prompt" or "cmd.exe" in the search list, 
right-click on it and select the option "Open as administrator". 
Open the command prompt and type the below commands:

set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1 (--> Press Enter)
start devmgmt.msc (--> Press Enter)

"Device Manager" window will be opened. 
Now in the device manager, click on "View" --> Select "Show hidden devices" 
Now expand the nodes "Disk Drives" and "Universal serial bus controller" by clicking on "+" symbol. If you find any light-greyed entries --> Right click on it --> Select "Uninstall". 
Restart your PC and connect your external drive. 
Good Luck
--------------------------------------------------

Found at http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-650763-western-digital-my-passport-not-detected

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Configuring Allied Telesis Switches with PuTTy

FASTER - Arma 3 Server Manager (#Arma3_DIYDGS) Part 1

#DIYDGS - The Basics - Learning Steam_CMD