Re-installing WSUS - There may be a network connection issue.

I had an issue after I updated windows 2008 to 2008 r2. So I decided to wipe the drive and reinstall with a clean copy of 2008 r2 x64.

When trying to re-install WSUS on to the server, I came across an error when installing. The only note or message that the error mentioned was an issue with the network connection.

I did some digging around and found that because of the previous Group policy settings pointing to the old server, it stopped the installation of the new WSUS.

I connected to our DC and edited our policy on updates to clients. The setting that needs to be changed is:

Computer Configuration > Policies > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update > Specify intranet Microsoft update service location
This setting will need to set to "Not Configured". After I've finished, I'll re-edit the policy back to its original address for this server.

Another setting to maybe configure:

If you are working with the 64bit version of the operating system. You will need to delete the registry information in the Wow6432NodeHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate
This will have an impact on the Windows Update (wuauserv) Service - you will also need to stop and restart it.
Original information found here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Configuring Allied Telesis Switches with PuTTy

FASTER - Arma 3 Server Manager (#Arma3_DIYDGS) Part 1

#DIYDGS - The Basics - Learning Steam_CMD