Do It Yourself - Dedicated Gaming Servers - #DIYDGS

Hi all, its been a while.

I have a love of gaming, but my real interest is hosting and running games. I've always done it since the old days, when my group, Tweak.net.nz, had LAN party weekends. (see my old website at Wayback Machine - Tweak.net.nz - in 2004  till  in 2017)

I've always been interested in it. Learning about the games and building or hosting the server for everyone to play on. Back then it was a couple of games that I use to build and run server for:

  • Counterstrike  1.6
  • Counterstrike Source
  • Battlefield 1942, 2, Desert Combat
  • Arma
  • Delta Force
  • Rainbow 6 Vegas 

Now a days my interest is in the following games and their dedicated servers:

  • Arma 3 - #Arma3_DIYDGS
  • Space Engineers - #SE_DIYDGS
  • Valheim - #Valheim_DIYDGS

So for the next few posts, I will show you how to setup a server using a variety of dedicated server programs and methods. 

Just like the other posts on the blog, its really a record of what I'm doing, so I can refer back to here, when I want to setup the servers again.

Each of the posts will be labelled with a specific game # hastag no matter the variant of the game.

Ok

Lets get started.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Configuring Allied Telesis Switches with PuTTy

FASTER - Arma 3 Server Manager (#Arma3_DIYDGS) Part 1

#DIYDGS - The Basics - Learning Steam_CMD